Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Artwork

I have always been an artistic person - looking at things from a different perspective - finding ways to create something beautiful and intriguing, out of the resources I have around me. Over the years I have collected paints, canvases, brushes, glues and more pens and pencils than I care to count. I have combed every beach I've visited, saved every special card, trinket and box. If there is ever a decorating project, or an inspiration sparks, I have all the tools I need to take a crack at creating it!

Over the years I have tried to take photos of the gifts I make for people before I give it to them so I can have a record of what I have done. I figure its time to share my artwork with the rest of the public. So I have compiled a few here. I hope you enjoy!



Dreamcatcher: Background stained in blackberries,
painted with acrylic. For my dear friend and former neighbor JoJo.

Kitty N' Fish: Acrylic on canvas with Heavy Gel finish.
(Unfortunately, this is not the complete version)
This was made for a dear friend, Kitty.

Paint-by-Numbers Lighthouse Clock: Clock kit,
Paint-by-Numbers kit and shadow box.
Wedding gift for a wonderful couple; Tim & April

Zombie Table: This is an old workbench from a friend.
My husband wanted it; I said the only way I would allow it
is if I repainted it. See below for the results!

Zombie Table: Zombie Defense Station.
The slightly darker edges are actually chalkboard paint to allow
for keeping notes and such.

Zombie Table: Underneath it all...
I just had to give it my own little touch! I used some stencils
to make the leaves and my own creativity to create the rest.
Now we both love the table!
Musical Christmas Ornament and Gift Box set:
Plastic ornament, paint, parchment and old box.
Made for my Boss - keep on playing Rich!

Dancing Fairy: This was painted using a 5x7 paint-by-numbers
canvas, which actually had a ballerina instead of the fairy.
Inspired by another dear friend.
Origami art can be a great stress reliever!
 I have used many other mediums including beadwork, wire weaving, photography, woodworking, ceramics, clothing... I would also consider cooking an art form, but I will leave that to a later post.

I enjoy creating art. And I have been itching to make more. If you have any comments, questions, or would like to commission some artwork, feel free to send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment